Marker located on Route 30 north at the Brower Road intersection (east side) at the Anthony Creek.
On these corners lived a Quaker family named Anthony who built the first brick home in the Town of Mayfield. The area became known as ‘Anthony’s village’ or Anthonyville. Across the road by the creek was a blacksmith’s shop that made scythes and axes and small farm tools. One of the Anthony’s born in the brick house, George T. Anthony, became Governor of Kansas 1876-1879. This marker was unveiled 11/17/1994 by Mayfield Town Supervisor Debra Perham, with Town Historian Betty Tabor and Mayfield Historical Society President Agnes Gilbert. Suggested by County Historian Lewis G. Decker.