Last Mill Site – Town of Bleecker
Taking County Route 309 from Gloversville, the marker is located on Bowlers Mill Road,Town of Bleecker (north side), across from the intersection of Lilly Lake Road and just south of Bowlers Corners.
Site of lat water powered sawmill in Fulton County – This mill was last operated by the Ernst family of Bleecker using waterpower as late as 1939. The mill was located on Stony Creek’s west branch and was dammed for waterpower and the pond used to float logs. Earlier there were a number of sawmills and tanneries in Bleecker operating by waterpower. The site was marked in 1976 during the Bicentennial by the Town of Bleecker Bicentennial Committee and Town Historian Eleanor Brooks.