This marker is located at the junction of Union Mills and Eagle Mills Roads, about 4 miles east of the village, on County Route 138
Union Mills was a busy hamlet during the 29th century. A peg factory, saw mill, and paper mill operated here, using waterpower from Frenchman’s Creek. Mills operated on this site as early as 1827. A print shop produced “The Christian Palladium,” a weekly newspaper that once enjoyed a national audience. The community included a church, general store, post office, school, hotel, and several homes and farms.