Lapland Lake Nordic Vacation Center will offer a Moonlight Guided Evening Snowshoe Tour Saturday, March 2.
These popular, guided tours start out at with a bowl of chili and a side of cornbread at our Kuuma Feeding Station 2nd floor of the main lodge building. Then strap on your snowshoes (also available for rent) and head out with our guides on a memorable moonlit tour, stopping at a lakeside campfire for a snack and hot beverage. 5:45pm to approx. 9pm. Tour leaves the lodge building at 6:30pm. Please arrive at 5:30pm if renting snowshoes.
Cost for the tour is $39.00 ($5.00 + tax extra if renting snowshoes). Ages 18+, please. Space is limited; reservations are a must! Headlamps are strongly recommended. We have a limited number to loan on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive at 5:30pm if renting snowshoes.
A complete cross country ski and snowshoe facility celebrating its 41st winter season, Lapland Lake offers fully equipped rental and retail shops, a comfortable two-story warming lodge with food service. The trail system has 50km of trails for all ability levels. 38km are marked, mapped and snowcat groomed with trackset and skating lanes; 12km are ungroomed, marked, mapped snowshoe trails.
In addition to cross country skiing and snowshoeing, other resort activities include ice-skating and tubing on two junior hills.
Lodging is available in 10 housekeeping cottages, as well as our new studio unit “The Owl’s Nest”. Lodging packages include use of trails each day and evening including days of arrival and departure, use of the Finnish wood burning sauna and discounted ski lessons. Attractive lodging discounts are offered midweek.
Lapland Lake has been presented with numerous awards:
• Best Cross Country Ski Resort category (#3) in the USA Today 10 Best Readers’ Choice Travel Award contest.
• North America’s Top 10 Snowshoe-Friendly Nordic Centers (#4), Snowshoe Magazine
• The Adirondack Regional Tourism Council’s Private Sector Tourism Partnership Award
• Tourism Partner Award, Fulton County Regional Chamber of Commerce & Industry
• “Best XC Ski Resort in the Mid-Atlantic Region” and “Best XC Ski Resort for Families”, Best XC Ski Resort Poll
• “Top Ten XC Ski Resorts Catering to Families”, xcskiresorts.com.
Located in the south-central portion of the Adirondack Forest Preserve, Lapland Lake is just over an hour’s drive from Schenectady; only 60 miles from Albany and Utica; four hours from New York City and Boston.
Lapland Lake may be contacted at 518-863-4974, email@example.com and online at www.laplandlake.com.