Lapland Lake Nordic Vacation Center will host its two-day annual Open House Saturday and Sunday, December 9th and 10th from 9:00am – 4:30pm each day.
During the two-day Open House all in-stock merchandise: ski equipment, apparel, specialty foods and gifts, is 15 – 60% off. Complimentary cookies, hot chocolate, coffee and tea will be available at the resort’s Kuuma Feeding Station located in the Finnish Line Ski Lodge and hourly door prizes will be drawn. Pat Ferri, PSIA-certified instructor and Assistant Nordic Director, will offer free wax and ski care tips sessions. All are invited! Lapland Lake Season Pass Memberships will be available at normally reduced early-season rates; regular Membership rates will go into effect Monday, December 11th.
Open House is free of charge. Facility use fees will be half-price both days for those wishing to ski, snowshoe and tube (conditions permitting). If there is no snow, visitors are welcome to enjoy complimentary hiking on the resort’s 50km trail system.
A complete cross country ski and snowshoe facility celebrating its 40th winter season, Lapland Lake offers fully equipped rental and retail shops, a comfortable two-story warming lodge with food service. The trail system has 50km of trails for all ability levels. 38km are marked, mapped and snowcat groomed with trackset and skating lanes; 12km are ungroomed, marked, mapped snowshoe trails.
In addition to cross country skiing and snowshoeing, other resort activities include ice-skating and tubing on two junior hills.
Lodging is available in private rooms and 10 housekeeping cottages. Lodging packages include use of trails each day and evening including days of arrival and departure, use of the Finnish wood burning sauna and discounted ski lessons. Attractive lodging discounts are offered midweek.
Lapland Lake has been presented with numerous awards:
- Best Cross Country Ski Resort category (#3) in the USA Today 10 Best Readers’ Choice Travel Award contest.
- North America’s Top 10 Snowshoe-Friendly Nordic Centers (#4), Snowshoe Magazine
- Tourism Partner Award, Fulton County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Private Sector Tourism Partnership Award, Adirondack Regional Tourism Council
- Best XC Ski Resort in the Mid-Atlantic Region (two consecutive years)
- Best XC Ski Resort for Families – Best XC Ski Resort Poll
- Top Ten XC Ski Resorts Catering to Families – xcskiresorts.com
Located in the south-central portion of the Adirondack Forest Preserve, Lapland Lake is just over an hour’s drive from Schenectady; only 60 miles from Albany and Utica; four hours from New York City and Boston.