116 S Perry St, Johnstown, NY 12095
This sign is on the front lawn of Fort Johnstown. Originally built in 1772 as the Tryon County Jail it was later fortified and renamed the Johnstown Fort. In 1838 when Tryon was long gone and Mongomery County split into Fulton and Montgomery the Jail was renamed. Fulton County Jail is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and is now a functioning Government Office.