The Fulton Montgomery Regional Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce that it will present a weekend-long 2015 Big Buck Contest on Saturday and Sunday, November 21 and 22, which is the opening weekend of southern zone deer season (rifle/shotgun/crossbow). For this event, the Chamber is partnering with Tom Georgia, Brent Phetteplace and a host of volunteers to help promote the great hunting resources and related businesses in our region.
Weigh-ins, lunch and dinner will all take place at Loopie’s Pub, 410 Mohawk Drive, Tribes Hill. Participants are also invited to enjoy a luncheon each day from 11am-3pm at Loopie’s Pub. Entry fee will be $25 for adults 16 and over, and $20 for youth ages 14 and 15.
A Wild Game dinner will also take place at Loopie’s Pub for participants on Sunday, November 22 at 6:30pm. Keynote speaker will be Assemblyman George Amedore. Prizes will be awarded at the dinner and raffles will take place at that time. Paid participants will also be entered into a drawing for a Rifle, a Muzzleloader and hunting-related table prizes.
There will be cash prizes totaling $800 including for Heaviest Buck; Heaviest Doe; Most Points (1 inch or more); Largest Outside Spread; Tallest Spike Horn; and Closest Deer (buck or doe) to 125 lbs. without going over. Entry forms can be found on the Chamber website and at the following locations:
• Chamber offices at 2 North Main Street, Gloversville and 1166 Riverfront Center, Amsterdam
• Frank’s Gun Shop, 3549 State Highway 30, Gloversville
• The Sportsman’s Den, 36 Canal Street, Fort Plain
• Loopie’s Pub, 410 Mohawk Drive, Tribes Hill
• Fuel-N-Food, 3006 State Highway 30, Mayfield
• Pine Tree Rifle Club, 419 Johnson Avenue, Gloversville
• Jim’s Bait Shop, 118 Ext. Second Avenue, Mayfield
• Runnings, 233 Fifth Avenue Ext., Gloversville