Welcome to the 4th Annual Peck’s Lake Sprint Triathlon!
Saturday, August 3, 2013
Registration begins at 7:00AM
at Sunrise Bay, North Shore Road, Gloversville
- Race Start Time is 8:30AM
- Competitive and Participant starting waves will be segregated prior to the start of the race
- Do NOT bring dogs to the race
- The Transition Area is Athletes ONLY
- Earphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc. are NOT allowed during the race
- Non-finishers please report to the Race Timer
- Split times will be available on the Fulton Montgomery Regional Chamber of Commerce websiteapproximately 2 days after the race
- Photos from the event will be posted on the Visit Fulton County, NY Facebook page
- Medals will be given out tentatively between 10:30 and 11:00AM
- Refreshments are available for athletes after the race
- A local Velo Club will be located near the bike racks to help with simple bike repair issues
- A local triathlon club will be soliciting for members near the registration tent
- Extra Peck’s Lake Triathlon hats may be available for at the registration desk for $15 each
- Team Members can “touch” after the swim (past the timers) at the shore or in the transition area
- Team Members will “touch” after the bike ride in the transition area (this is new this year)
- SWIM LEG: Athletes swim clockwise around red/orange buoys to the last buoy. Safety boats will be on the outside with a kayak or two possibly in the center. Exit at the designated exit ramp and yell your number to the timers. Wet suits are optional; water temperature is approximately in the high 70s.
- BIKE LEG: Ride on the right side of the road. Circle the marker at the end of South Shore Road then ride back to the transition area. Dismount the bike prior to entering the transition area.
- RUN LEG: Run on the left side of the road (facing traffic). Circle the marker on North Shore Road then run back to the finish line near the transition area.
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Boys & Girls Club of Gloversville, which promotes the social, educational, health, leadership, and character development of boys and girls during critical periods of their growth.
Thank you to our sponsors, to-date, Brown’s Ford of Johnstown, Alpin Haus, Wal-Mart DC #6096, and Railside Café. And to the LUNA Chix Albany Triathlon Team for their donation of LUNA bars.