Site of Mayfield Dutch Reformed Church
Marker located within the Village of Mayfield on South School Street across from Mayfield High School. It is yet another marker suggested by the then Town Historian E.J. Rullifson in 1936.
This early church was established in 1793 and stood on this site until 1826. This churchyard was used for burials of Mayfield’s early settlers. The oldest burials are on the side near the marker. This cemetery now connects with the modern one. Note: Please see the large Getman commanded a Civil War Cavalry Unit and this memorial honors both the captain and his men.