Site of First Catholic Church in Fulton County
Up this back-country road is the shrine which is located at the Alter Site of the former St. Joseph’s Catholic Church and nearby is the accompanying Catholic Cemetery. This church was built in 1856. The church was dismantled and part of the lumber was reused in building two other churches, one at Bleecker Center and the other (St. Barbara’s) at Caroga Lake. This marker was installed many years ago at the entrance to Persch Road, a left turn in front of the Bleccker Town Hall.