Broadalbin veterans have held their meetings in this building since February 28, 1891 when the James B. McKean Post #279 of the Grand Army of the Republic purchased the building. The GAR was formed by veterans of the Civil War. The building was subsequently deeded to the current Robert Lee Walsh American Legion Post #337. It was formerly located 125 feet to the south and was moved to allow room for the Broadalbin Bank building. This building has experienced several changes and additions over the last 100-plus years.